Even as we reflect on the accomplishments of the previous year, we look forward to building on that success and demonstrating our commitment and connection to our policyowners, agents and employees.
Last year was a tremendous year for us at Illinois Mutual. We’re proud to demonstrate how we’ve been committed and connected to success.
Simplified Issue Whole Life Launch
We launched a simple, affordable product to help families prepare for a loved one’s final expenses.
Certified Great Place To Work®
In 2022, nearly 9 in 10 employees said that Illinois Mutual was a Great Place To Work®.*
My Policy Updates
We enhanced the customer experience by improving self-service options on our policyowner portal, My Policy.
BBB Torch Award
We won the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Torch Award for Ethics. This award recognizes area business role models who go above and beyond to do the right thing, day in and day out.
*Source: 2023 Great Place to Work® Illinois Mutual Trust Index™survey
We are committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience to all our policyowners. We take the time to build relationships and connect with each person’s individual situation, in order to fulfill their needs. There is nothing more rewarding to our team than helping make an impact in the lives of those we serve every day.
Paid claims to policyowners in 2022
We remain committed to the strong relationship we have with the independent agents who sell our products. our agents are the connection between what we offer and what their clients genuinely need to safeguard and protect their financial security.
2,875 new agents appointed
Our employees exude a passion and dedication to making illinois mutual great—the kind of great our agents and policyowners have come to know and trust. one way we connected with our employees this year was through a renewed emphasis on telling their stories regarding commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. the more we pull together as a team, the more equipped we are to deliver an authentic customer experience.
48,000+ calls handled by policy service
Celebrated first-ever diversity, equity and inclusion (dei) week
Years of Service
2,262 cumulative years of service by all employees
Illinois Mutual’s commitment to service is reflected, not just in who we serve, but also in our support of many different organizations throughout our community. In 2022, our employees showcased this connection to our community by volunteering in organizations and events, such as Salvation Army Bell Ringing, Whitney’s Walk for Life, Junior Achievement, Dream Center Peoria and United Way.
Illinois Mutual donated to more than 45 charitable organizations in 2022.
2022 Financial Report
Our commitment to our policyowners is backed by great financial strength. We ground our business in honesty and integrity, always honoring the fiscal responsibility we have to those who place their trust in us.
In 2022, we remained financially strong, reporting almost $1.58 billion in assets.
Board of Directors
- Katie M. Jenkins
- William Fulton
- Thomas P. Jenkins
- Judith K. McCord
- Melissa McCord
- Deborah Simon
Officers and Executives
- Katie M. Jenkins President & Chairperson
- Jeffrey D. Brownell Vice President
- Erin K. Callahan Vice President
- Louis S. Kanowsky Treasurer, Vice President & Controller
- Elizabeth A. Martin Vice President
- Aaron T. Ziegler Vice President & Chief Actuary
- Richard J. Tarkowski Vice President
- Emily H. Wilburn Vice President
- Bernessa M. Wilson Vice President
- Lisa L. Hanson Vice President
- Eliot E. Forrest Assistant Vice President
- Ellen J. Gorman Assistant Vice President
- John A. LaFollette Assistant Vice President
- Lynn M. Rathbun Assistant Vice President
- Heather J. Russo Assistant Vice President
- Andrea N. Schaidle Assistant Vice President
- Jennifer E. Schulze Assistant Vice President
- Michael A. Smith Assistant Vice President
- Paul J. Toman Assistant Vice President
- John M. Soares Assistant Vice President