Winners will be selected from the entries that receive the most online votes. One winner and one runner-up will be selected from each of three contest categories.
Using only coins of any denomination (pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, etc.), create your entry that falls under one of these 3 categories:
You may use as many coins as you’d like in your entry. (No limits!)
- HUMOROUS: Perform a funny or entertaining stunt or trick using coins.
- CREATIVE: Arrange or build a structure using only coins.
- HEARTFELT: Exhibit an act of goodwill using coins.
Photograph or video your entry with a cell phone or digital camera. Then, follow the directions provided on the online entry form.
From each of the three categories, click on your favorite entry to cast your vote and SHARE it with your friends to gain votes. You can vote once a day, one vote per category.
Entry Submission Requirements and Contest Guidelines
- The contest is open to the general public (limited to U.S. residents), including but not limited to Illinois Mutual agents, policyowners, employees and retirees.
- Online voters determine the winning entries. You may vote for one entry per day in each of the 3 categories.
- Entry submissions will not be accepted past 12/19/18 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Photo submissions must be digital and submitted on this entry website.
- Photo formats accepted include jpegs, tifs, pngs, pdfs. (medium-sized jpegs preferred)
- Website submitted photos cannot exceed 20 MB in size.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (cropping, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
Faxes, Polaroids, professional photographs, photocopies, or photos printed on plain printer paper will not be accepted.
- Video formats include any files accepted on Instagram, Vimeo and YouTube (provide link to your video).
Winning Entry Selection
Winners will be selected from the entries that receive the most online votes. One winner and one runner-up will be selected from each of these three contest categories: HUMOROUS, CREATIVE and HEARTFELT.
Winners will be notified by email on December 21st, 2018 and their entries and names will be posted on our Company website and social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
For all three winning and runner-up entries, their name and charity of choice will be displayed year-round on Illinois Mutual’s Company website, on promotional materials, and on social media pages.
Illinois Mutual will award each winner's charity of choice a monetary donation of the following prize amounts:
- Top three entries with the most online votes (one from each category) will receive a $1,000 donation.
- Top three runner-up entries with the second highest number of online votes (one from each category) will receive a $500 donation.
Key Dates and Contest Timeline
- The contest will accept online entries and votes from 11/27/18 through 12/19/18.
- All entries must be received by 12/19/18 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Online Voting runs simultaneously while submissions are being accepted 11/27/18 through 12/19/18 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Winners will be notified by email and then announced online through social media and on our Company website on 12/21/18.
If you win, Illinois Mutual will make a donation to your charity of choice.
The charity named must be a 501(c)(3) organization, human care agency, cultural organization or an accredited institution of higher learning.
For exclusions and restrictions, please consult our Charitable Donations Guidelines.
Printed material describing the organization may be required.
If no charity is selected or the charity indicated does not comply with these guidelines, the donation will automatically be made to your local United Way.
NOTE: Once your entry is submitted, we cannot accept changes to your charity of choice.
Release and Waiver
In consideration for the opportunity to submit my entry and participate in the A Little Change for Big Change Challenge (“Contest”) being sponsored by Illinois Mutual Life Insurance Company (“Illinois Mutual”), I irrevocably give Illinois Mutual and its agents, employees, officers and directors the right and permission to use, copy, alter, distribute, publish, broadcast, and display the photo or video I submit; my name; the city and state in which I live; the name of the charity of choice provided on my entry form; and other information and material included by me in either the video or photo or the online entry form (together the “Submission Materials”) with the exception of my email address, on Illinois Mutual Life Insurance Company’s corporate website, elsewhere on the Internet, in advertising and promotional materials, and in any other medium or format for any purpose related to the Contest. I acknowledge and agree that if I am selected as a finalist for the Contest, Illinois Mutual may post my Submission Materials on the Internet and allow the public to vote and comment on the material(s) and on whether I should be chosen as a winner of the Contest. I waive any right to any payment for the use of my Submission Materials and I also waive the right to inspect or approve Illinois Mutual’s use of my Submission Materials and other materials Illinois Mutual may use with them. I attest there is no copyrighted or trademarked material in my Submission Materials. I release, waive, and agree to hold harmless Illinois Mutual, its agents, employees, officers and directors from any claims, damages, or liabilities resulting from their use of my Submission Materials and I agree not to bring any such claims against the released parties at any time in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, claims for violation of publicity rights and privacy rights, claims based on moral rights, claims for intrusion, claims for defamation, claims for fraud, claims for infliction of emotional distress, and claims for copyright or other intellectual property infringement, whether those claims are based in contract, tort, statute or common law.
I represent and warrant to Illinois Mutual that:
- The photo or video is my original work.
- I have not granted anyone else any rights to use, distribute, publish, broadcast, or display the video or photo.
- I have the full right and authority to execute this Release and Waiver.
- I have read this Release and Waiver and fully understand it.
- All statements and information included in my Submission Materials and any other statements or information that I provided to or will provide to Illinois Mutual are true and complete.
- I reside in the United States.